Emil Coman, Ph.D.Research Associate II
I. Evidence-Based Medicine/Information Mastery for medical residents
- Assist residents of the Dept. of Family Medicine (Asylum Hill) in weighing medical evidence from various sources, with an emphasis on translating statistical tools used in assessing and applying such evidence in patient care.
* Topics covered: meta-analysis; tests and treatments; measurement and analytics.
II. Graduate teaching
* Conducted 2 semesters dissertation research - public health independent study courses on ‘Path analysis and causal modeling’ and ‘Structural equation and causal modeling’.
III. Helpful Tips and Supplementary Materials
2. http://bit.ly/lcs_in_SAS :-Asking causal questions through latent change/difference scores (LC/D score in SAS & …). Biostatistics journal club meeting, CICATS UConn Health, Farmington, CT.
4. bit.ly/disparitiestippingpoint - Mplus and Stata code for Examining Differential Resilience Mechanisms by Comparing ‘Tipping Points’ of the Effects of Neighborhood Conditions on Anxiety by Race/Ethnicity
5. bit.ly/LCSas_t-test – Code for The paired t-test as a simple model with a latent change score.
6. https://bit.ly/pos_frontiers - Mplus and SAS code for Commentary: Muthén, B., & Asparouhov, T. (2014). Causal effects in mediation modeling: An introduction with applications to latent variables.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed methods questions or requests.
|Title or Abstract||Type||Sponsor/Event||Date/Year||Location|
|Modeling health disparities with a unique combinations of 1-on-1 matching and latent difference and latent change scores; Coman, E. N., Wilson, C., Melville, A., & Fifield, J. [download: http://bit.ly/HD_1-on-1 ]||Talk||Modern Modeling Methods (M3) Conference||2018||Storrs, CT|
|A methodical review of the causal role of socioeconomic determinants of health disparities; Coman, E. N., Wu. H., & Assari, S. [download: http://bit.ly/HD_causal_model ]||Talk||Modern Modeling Methods (M3) Conference||2018||Storrs, CT|